Day 19

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User121314

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Umm ja well.

Entire household was a bit "ratty" - cabin fever kicking in. The fact that it was housekeeping day probably didn't help either.

I opted for the task of driving the Kirby (it has a drive motor & drives itself both back & forth!  :ROFLMAO: ). Apparently making "woo-wee" sounds at the top of my voice in tune to the Kirby as it goes back & forth is both annoying & deemed infantile by the other residents. Sending the Kirby across the house under it's own power yelling "catch it, it got away" is also not funny. Not even to the cats. However seeing the one climb up & then perch on top of the curtain rail did provide for some chuckles. Apparently only for me though.

Resident 2 is still walking laps around the house every morning. Evidently the fear of getting fat outweighs the fear of walking a furrow through the property & wearing down the brick paving. Suggesting she tries it walking backwards every third lap result in me being told exactly where to go. Despite lockdown.  :angrywife:

Resident 3 has been playing Minecraft with his mates for 40 hours non stop. His lackadaisical attitude to his share of household chores, despite 3 requests with his answer of "I'll do it now" clearly meaning "now now" aka never, resulted (after 2 warnings) in internet priviliges to his laptop & phone being revoked. This had two (expected outcomes):
1. Much anger & shitty attitude from Resident 3
2. Much mirth from Resident 1 - I suggested sending the internet ambulance (whilst going "woo-wee" with the Kirby). This was evidently still infantile & not amusing, although all the other members of the household suddenly thought it was.
It also resulted in him having to do his household chores twice, as he did a half-assed attempt the first time. Which resulted in me having a sense of humour failure.  :fuse:

Everyone avoided me for the rest of the day.  :boxing:

Resident 4 is suffering equine withdrawal symptoms. She hasn't seen her horses since the Thursday that lockdown started, and even though the yard owner sends "proof of life" videos every day it is obviously not the same as being there, and I think may make the heartache even worse. Getting them back into work after this will be a fairly arduous process, even though they are being lunged daily (fitness levels will be OK, training / obedience not so much). A pity, as they (as a horse & rider team) were progressing really well & had hopes of competing Medium dressage by the end of the year.

Resident 5 was notably scarce, I think she saw the madness slipping out & hid under the bed for most of the day. Her share of chores were done quickly & efficiently - & she then vanished.

Resident 2 stole my dough that was proofing overnight & used it to make a pull-apart bread instead of the braided loaf I had planned. We munched it for supper with soup & at this stage both her & I are still alive. We await to see if the children made it through the night.

45mm of rain & the mother of all electrical storms had me dashing around the house unplugging electrical stuff late yesterday afternoon. This of course caused a lack of internet connectivity for Resident 3. He was again not amused, however as my sense of humour had not returned by then he was given "the look" when he stormed into the house from the patio & merely turned on his heel, packed his **** up & took it all to his bedroom. I am amazed at the power of bluetooth headphones. They not only make people deaf to the thunder directly above their heads, but also prevent people from noticing gale force winds, temperature drops of 10 degrees, light fading from the overcast conditions to such a low level that all the outside lights turn on & also prevent one from being able to notice the lightning that zaps the neighbours tree. I need to get me some of those magical headphones!

Day 20 has dawned. I expect it will be better than day 19 (assuming of course the children awaken after eating the bread last night  :angel: )