Day 20

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User121314

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Day #20

Residents 3,4 & 5 all awoke with no ill effects from SWAMBO?s home baked bread yesterday. Residents 1 & 2 breathed a collective sigh. Determining relief or disappointment was difficult.  :angel: :giggle:

Resident 2 once again walked round and round and round the bloody property. Made ME dizzy just watching her. Lap timing her & giving expert commentary was, in hindsight, perhaps not the best idea. More so as my ?commentary box? was the patio, with a cappuccino & a plate adorned with a full English breakfast! My ears are still ringing!  :angrywife:

It was residents 2 & 5 up for the journey to the mythical, magical realm called ?outside world? today.
No. 2 for food, No. 5 for toiletries.

I have subsequently learnt that ?toiletries? also include all the ingredients necessary to produce home-made hipster juice.
At this moment the house is enveloped in a magnificent coffee aroma. I have fears my double boiler will ever be the same again, but I guess coffee & chocolate do sort of go together.
*edit* - whilst typing this they added peppermint. House now smells like a peppermint crisp!  :puke:

Resident 3 made a Choc-Chip Pizookie in the large skillet (vegan nogal). Used dark chocolate instead as resident 2 was unable to procure choc chips at Spar. It turned out really well & will absolutely be repeated.

I sampled resident 3?s brandy stash. It tastes just as I remember from 10+ years ago when I stopped drinking it.
Kak.
However I am sure the taste will grow on me over the next 2 weeks!

Finished the Business course from Coursera & am now awaiting peer reviews before I can obtain the certificate.
Signed up for a Udemy course on basic electronics. Did not realise that there are certain prerequisites like different power supplies, a breadboard etc. required. So that?s a bust for now.  :sd:

After feeling ratty & miserable yesterday I decided to phone-a-friend & had an fantastic conversation with a mate who makes our complaining look like whiny little schoolgirls. He was a combat photographer & lost both his legs 10 years ago. Imagine trying to reinvent yourself & your career when you have lost both your legs. Much respect, he is always an uplifting & inspiring person to talk to. Came away from that chat feeling much happier. I owe him (a lot more than) a lunch.  :2thumbs:

Wife & I completed the ?Riders Challenge?. Some dumb thing thought up by the horse riding community. You stand facing each other, you squat slightly (bent knees), she then places her shins on your thighs & must then climb over you & then back under between your legs back to her shins on your thighs position without you dropping her or falling. Much hilarious laughter was heard from the youngsters, until we dared residents 3 & 5 to try. The song ?Shaddup your face? amply explains their reactions.
I then had to do the same challenge with my daughter which was a lot easier. Probably because I had practiced already!

All in all a far happier & more relaxed day at Casa da Trompie, so we are all thankful for that.

As per Marcus Aurelius: "I don't believe in pessimism. If something doesn't come up the way you want, forge ahead. If you think it's going to rain, it will".

Latest posts