What lawyers want

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisc

AVForums Grandmaster
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
My friend passed away in December and I have been selling all his expensive AV stuff, it is nearly all gone.  I also sold some clocks and French wine.  I pay everything I receive to his widow

The executor (legal firm) told me in January that they were not interested in furniture and effects to calculate the value of the estate, they are only concerned with fixed property and cars and of course financial instruments

Yesterday they were speaking to the widow and she mentioned that I had been helping her dispose of stuff

Thereupon I receive a sternly worded letter advising me that only the executor is permitted to dispose of anything at all in the estate.  They consider all sales made to be void and I am to account to them with full details of each item, the names and ID numbers of all buyers, the price paid, date of payment.  I referred her to our conversation on 4th January and she said that she was supposed to prepare an inventory but had not had a chance yet (3 months later).  In any case the person to whom I spoke in January was a paralegal and was not permitted to tell me that they were not interested in household effects.  The actual executor was on leave at the time

There will of course be a fee for the processing of this information, per item or per page if it is on a schedule

No chance of them getting that.  None at all.  My mind has gone completely blank

Latest posts