Choices - Topping vs Burson (any recommendations welcome) oops wrong thread

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solid_Tuna

AVForums Member
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
Good day gents,

So i'm getting ready to enter into what I would consider my end game territory. After a ton of research my top 2 options are:

Topping A90 discrete / D90LE
Burson Conductor 3XP

First ill say, I should listen to these to make my choice - Lumous Audio makes it possible to listen to the Burson. I wont be able to listen to Topping (unless some here has that stack and is willing - i'm in ct)
I've got a pair of Arya v2's and Focal Elegia's.

Topping will output more power through out the ohm range. My end game headphones i'm looking to buy in the next few years is a ZMF Verite Closed Back -300 ohm (Or whatever new version of it comes out) The topping will output a rather large 1w at 300ohm so power should never be an issue.
I know power isn't everything as well but it helps.

I'm looking to keep this system for next long while and just be content with and stop over spending cash on gear. Id rather just have my reference system and save up for amazing headphones.
These two brands have very different goals. Topping is distortion free basically as everyone knows. Burson has a lot of distortion but not in a bad way. I dont think this matters but based on what ive read Burson gives a slightly warmer holographic sound compared to the topping stack. Topping is massive detail and high clarity and perhaps stronger dynamics in this case.
my gut tells my I might lean to towards high resolution, detail and clarity. The new topping stack now gives this without any harshness and the new discrete amp seems to have fixed the previous A90's colder clinical sound.

What are your thoughts? What is the absolute best I can get my hands on for my budget?
My budget is 25k.

Thanks!