Car fan belts

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobsYourUncle

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
So , my 2008 Suzuki SX4 needed a fan belt. A few phone calls to a few spares shops proved futile as it seems that only the SX4 uses that size , a 5pk1665. Having gone with a colleague to goldwagen ,he got a quality belt made in Germany for R150.00.My phone call to Suzuki got me a price of R600. I felt this was steep for a fan belt. R200 got me a 6pk1665. The length being spot on but with one extra grove.A pair of scissors and 5 min later , one grove was cut off and quite straight as well as the groves help guide the scissors to give a straight cut.

I realise that some might disagree with what I've done here but I've found an affordable way to replace fan belts and as this is something I do with every oil change along with air filter and plugs , it gets expensive replacing these parts with Suzuki parts and my car always runs very well because everything is always new and never more than 10 000 -15 000 km old.

My reason for posting this here is the hope that someone Will find this on a Google search as I could not find the size I needed based on searching the car make and model. The belt was worn so couldn't read anything on it and had to make a few phone calls before Midas willingly , without me asking gave me the size I needed but they didn't have stock and had no intention of stocking that size.

Latest posts