A Resizable Flatpack Metal Enclosure for Amplifiers. Enjoy!

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kolakidd

AVForums Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
I have been procrastinating long enough, so I am posting this.

Yes...A Resizable Flatpack Metal Enclosure.

Background
(Skip this and go to the next post if you want the project.)

This project was primarily inspired to inspire people to DIY by trying to reduce one of the critical costs or limitations... The enclosure. (Someone else can safely figure out how to make a cheaper transformer!).

Locally enclosures for more extensive projects are hard and costly to come by. I've designed a few enclosures, so I have a decent handle on design and its impact on pricing.

The main expenses relate to time, so the more detail in a cut or metal bending seems to spiral quotes sometimes beyond logic.

This got me thinking: What if you could design a flat pack enclosure? (Inspired when building a cardboard thingy with my daughter ;)

A flat pack enclosure seemed doable. Then I figured, but what if people want it in different sizes? I design in Autodesk Fusion 360* and often use calculated geometry. So, why not create a flat pack enclosure with variables anyone could change to get the enclosure size they wanted, Including metal thickness?

Last edited: