Webuy cars

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cam

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hi guys, hope everyone is well.
Just looking for some input.

Recently tried to buy a 1.3 Corolla from webuy cars. Car was advertised at 98k including roadworthy voucher, I checked the car out, went for a test drive, everything seemed ok so I decided to put in an offer to purchase. On approval of the finance they send me the draft OTP which includes the following:

Car 98 000
License and reg 2200
Car delivery fee 4800 (according to them it's for inspection and cor)
Car service fee 3000
Warranty 9800

So now a car advertised for 98k is now 118k.

So my questions: Shouldn't the 4800 be waived as the car was advertised with roadworthy voucher?

The warranty is advertised as optional on their website, but it's actually compulsory when buying a car on finance. And will not sell the car to you without their warranty. After questioning they said I can get another from a different insurance company but must meet their criteria (which they make impossible)

And lastly they added 3000 for what they called a service, but not mentioned anywhere.

I can't help feeling that the way they advertise and do business is a bit misleading and manipulative?

Any worth in reporting something like this to the consumer protection commission?