Budget headset?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PsyCLown

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Hi all,
I need a new headset as mine is an old, cheap set which the top piece which keeps it in place has stretched and it no longer stays around my ears. I will be using them for listening to music / watching stuff as well as gaming. So I would ideally like them to have a mic, although its not the end of the world if they do not.
I wear glasses so they MUST be comfy also sound leakage will be an issue as I will be using them when the GF is studying and in public places as well. Also would prefer them to seal off external noise for when I am at a LAN :)
Now I am not sure whether I should go for something in the PC gaming range, something like Razer, Roccats etc. or some AKG's, Sennhisers... Not even too sure about the prices of the non PC related headsets to be quite honest. Not sure how they compare price / performance wise either.
I would like to not spend more than around R4xx, so really not a very high budget. I would go a bit higher if its worth it though. Also I have no clue as to where to look at headset and I do not think it would be easy to audition the headsets?
So any recommendations? If its anything, I have a rather small head... So I do not want headphones which are on the big side and which will fall down the whole time -_-
Thanks,
Psy

Latest posts