Headphone Advice and Where to Demo

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentiSonas

Reaction score
Hey All!
Long time Lurker here and looking for some advice. I've dabbled with headphones and around 4/5 years back I grabbed a pair of Sennheiser Hd58x from drop and have been happy with them. I'm running them through a Loxjie a30 dac/amp from my pc and listen to music all day while I work and then use them for some gaming as well, those music is the preference.
I listen mostly to Classical, Soundtracks (video game and movies) rock (most prog) and synthwave. I'm looking for something thats gonna give me a little more detail and soundstage, specifically for classical music.
Current budget is around 10k or under and I've been looking at either the Hifiman Sundara or the XS edition and was wondering with the above information which of those two would be recommended or if there are other options I havent though about in that price range? Not really interested in another pair of Sennies as I feel the hd58x have a good sennheiser sound around my budget and was looking for something potentially a bit different.

Re the Hifiman as well, when I'm spending around 10k I would love to actually have a listen if anyone knows anywhere in Cape Town that stocks?

Thanks in advance for all the feedback!