Tip rolling on iem's

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Morris

AVForums Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
Generally when I buy a new set of iem's, I try not to open the supplied tips and use others so that if at some time I want to sell the iem's, the tips are pristine. However, the IEM market seems to be very slow at present.

I did buy the Fiio FH7 iems a couple of years back which came with a plethora of eartips, with labels of bass, vocal, balanced, double flange and Spinfits. As I did not buy the FH7 new, the previous owner had tested various tips, so I can do the same with the included tips and gently wash them ith mild soapy water.

I have also bought Moondrop spring tips, Azla xelastec and Dunu S&S tips, the Dunu seem to make the best seal and the Bass is stunning. The Azla are a strange sensation with their stickiness. Moondrop I find to be average plain tips. As good as the Dunu are, I feel them in my ears and the same is true of the others except the below.

Recently I fitted the Spinfits from the Fiio box, wow these are comfy. I have ordered more spinfits from Cplan which should arrive today and hopefully these will be as comfortable on the Kato's and IE200's

Latest posts