Braai room audio ideas

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PvA

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Good evening,

I recently had a wall between my study and "stoep" broken out and had a braai built in.  The room (28m2) is a nice blank canvas at the moment, but next steps I feel I need to get my ducks in a row with regard to what goes where (cabling etc.), before ceiling and painting.  It is pretty much a square room with the built in braai in a corner, and we are getting some cupboards installed against the same wall as the braai.  In these cupboards I plan to house the DSTV decoder, amp etc.).  On the one "clean wall" I am going to mount my old Samsung 42" plasma, and getting the wiring done this week (chased in the wall).

My idea is to have two bookshelves/outdoor speakers in the top corners of the same wall the tv will be on.  This is where I need some advise.  I have some kit laying around, and obviously would rather re-use than having to spend money on something new, like Bose Freespaces etc. 
The kit I have laying around:
NAD 3020i
Mission 701 (rather heavy for wall mounting)/Wharfedale Valdus 200

Pioneer Receiver (Pre 1999, but blows your socks off something like 80w into 8ohms. I am leaning towards)
Mission 701 (rather heavy for wall mounting)/Wharfedale Valdus 200

Should I just use this, or is there something else I should consider?  I have a logitech bluetooth receiver that I can connect to any of these.