AV Receiver vs NAD 3020b amp

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Varkie

Reaction score
Hi there

I have a Denon AVR-X1000 Receiver and a set of B&W 684 S2 floorstanding stereo speakers.  I also have an old NAD 3020B amp in perfect nick.  I bought a REGA Maia Poweramp and plan to use it with the NAD 3020B (configured as a pre-amp).  I use Harman Kardon Kardon DVD 22 (without HDMI) for my CD and DVD playback.  I am not to happy with the DENON receiver anymore and want to relegate it to the Lounge for normal TV / DVD playback with a small surround system - maybe Harman Kardon or JBL.

In my music room I want therefore to make use of the NAD / REGA setup with the Harman Kardon DVD and B&W speakers for my music and DVD playback (using a JVC 48" Flatscreen).  I will use this solely for music and live music concerts DVD playback (everything from rock to classical to opera).  Would you recommend me going this route, or should I look also at a good blue ray player and sub (but then I will need to get an upgraded receiver - becoming expensive)? Keeping in mind that I am more into music for the music room - not movies....