Which speaker 🔊 to go with Predator

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raffs

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Dear Gurus and enlightened ones...... So as not to derail the other thread around a similar question I thought I would start this thread as my needs and set up is different. My current set up in room 6 x 4,5Ms as I walk it
Pedator used for stereo playback and HT Passthrough for movies
Squeezebox touch
SMSL SU8 S Dac - used with SB and iPad for Apple Music 
Denon 4300 AVR with pre-out to Predator
Nvidia Shield for video streaming purposes and playing movies off NAS with Kodi
B&W CM10s + CM Center 2
2 X Sunfire HTS 10s handling the grunt and growl of movie soundtracks
surrounds all B&W in ceiling

I'm pretty content with my HT sound and set up .... My itch centers around my stereo set up and needs. The CM10's perform admirably and really sing with the Predator , however I find that to get them to "sing" one does need to crank it up a bit and I personally am not a fan of "loud" music ,there is a time and place for this , I?m sure age has something to do with this. I feel like the CM10s are too big for the room ?.I?m looking at changing my front stage looking for a speaker that can give me detail , warmth and a decent bottom end without needing to factor a sub into the stereo equation, also the speakers must have a decent center speaker in the range ?. I rather enjoyed the sound of the Sonus Faber Vanere 2,5 but were out of reach at the time , I never had the pleasure of listening to the 2.0s , I?ve been looking at the KEF Q range any thoughts ?. Those that own / have owned A predator what speakers did you settle on and why ? I?ve been leaning towards a bookshelf set up but it?s not set in stone , budget approx 20K for stereo pair ?. Ta!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts