Audio + TV advice.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billionairebum

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hello

After YEARS of patiently waiting and saving I have reached the point where I am able to completely upgrade my Lounge area with a new TV , Sounds System and Big Couch.
I would like some advice if possible please on sizing and starter kit that I could build on. The goal will be to stream content from the usual sites such as Netflix and the lot and also
from my local movie collection with all the 4k HDR Dolby bells and whistles. The area is very open plan and is tiled. Main goals: General music listening but nothing "serious", mostly for movies and sports.

1: TV - I am looking at getting a 65" unit as it seems to be a sweet spot right now. Hisense U7G/U7H.
2: Audio - End goal is to have a form of surround sound. I was thinking of either getting FS100 and a Denon AVR-X1300 to start and then getting either a FS120 or FS150 + Centre to
complete the package. The second hand market and black Friday are both looking promising.

I am not sure if I am aiming too big or too small with what I currently have listed here or if there are other considerations that I need to take into account. Your advice would be appreciated.

Please see attached my absolutely awful drawing. Everything listed is inside, indoor braai.

Thank you

Attachments

• Terrible-Room-Drawing.jpg
    Terrible-Room-Drawing.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Latest posts