Weekend Follies

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Family_Dog

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
The weekend started off uneventfully enough, I went to bed at around 11PM on Friday night and fell asleep after doing my nightly Sudoku ritual. Woke up at 6:20 on Saturday morning and fumbled my way to the kitchen to open the door for the furry friends to go out and do their thing. I smelt something burning, as if a stove plate had been left on high, but this was not the case. Kettle was also off, so I figured I would go back to bed and sleep it off.

Later that day my Dentist, who lives a few houses away from me, phoned me to see if I had electricity. I did, he did not. I suggested he check the outside DB board. Five minutes later he phoned back to say the DB in his kitchen had tripped, all was now OK. And by the way, was I aware that my neighbour's thatched roof house had burnt down during the night? No, I was not aware, and indeed, it had. Not directly next door, but their property adjoined mine at the rear of the yard. They had a Thatch roof - one of those roofs that look good but are really crap. Roof and house contents are gone, just bare walls standing. So that explained the burning I smelt, although it was not a grassy smell but certainly like a hotplate that had been left on (Don't ask me how I know this!!)

Today, Sunday, I decided to top up the pool, which would take about an hour. So I connected the hoses, switched on the borehole, and started binge-watching some TV, during which time I nodded off. Woke up feeling somewhat dopey and decided a swim would do me a world of good. Yes, you are correct, I had completely forgotten about the fact I was filling the pool and water was gushing down the built-up area around the pool. I also found out that I could not stand upright at the deep end of the pool - which was now up to my nose level - I started to float.

So we will see what tomorrow has to bring, not sure if I should be worried or not.  :thinking:

How was your weekend?

-F_D

Latest posts