Multichoice disinterested in fraud?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisc

AVForums Grandmaster
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
Received a call from a lady who said she was from Multichoice, I had been entered into a competition (first warning bell here!) and I could also win a year's subscription (second warning bell here) if I could answer a question related to my viewing habits and also change to a credit card monthly payment system

I told her I pay a year in advance and was thus disinterested in any monthly payment, but she insisted that the offer was valid

Then came the real question - what is your c/card number, expiry and the CVC code.

A quick look at the phone and it said "number withheld".  That was the end of the call

Phoned Multichoice 3 times.  First lady says it wasn't her who phoned me - totally useless.  Second lady just wanted to look up my account number and started on 5 "security questions" so she did not understand.  Third call I asked for someone who deals with fraud

The answer - we do not have anyone who deals with fraud.  Why don't you try the DSTV forum, he said

Latest posts