Testing ChatGPT

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonnyP

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, winding it up at first, then it became interesting to see exactly how much it could find out.

My first question was ‘Is Carl Niehaus a @@@@ (insert a word in Afrikaans that appeared on Wikipedia here)’. The reason? Does it just aggregate from the web according to a search of that title.

CharGPT gave me a quick ‘he’s been accused of and convicted of fraud’ and it did not make value judgments. So, pulling from Wikipedia (now, as the ‘massive @@@@ and disgrace to humanity’ comment was removed for obvious reasons a few years ago (although still easy to find online).

So next up, something a little easier and not requiring judgment -‘name all ever members of ‘The Fall’. This can be found on a good few websites and even Wikipedia did better than CGPT. It offered up about 30 names after three prompts, and said there were over 60. So a fail there.

I’ll leave out the discussion regarding Swindon Town FC winning the Div 2 playoffs in 1989 then being relegated for under the counter payments, suffice to say, it had no idea unless prompted, and eventually confused itself that much that it said STFC had never played in the top tier in England, then listed our promotion to the Premiership in 1993 and subsequent demise.

Next up - who were the members of the Beatles - it said JPGR as expected, but said ‘between 1960 and 1970. Asked ‘what about Pete Best’? It pointed out he was drummer until 1962 when he was replaced by Ringo. Stu Sutcliffe also had to be prompted and it said (correctly as with Best) until 1961. A repeat of the first question said again that between 1960 and 1970 only John, Paul, George and Ringo were the Beatles.

Then the one that gobsmacked me more than all the above. Name all ever members of the Rolling Stones.

Along with the current line up, Mick Taylor and some additional session musicians came up.

I then asked ‘what about Brian Jones’ and it did say he was a founding member and was part of the band until 1969. So it was happy to ignore one of the founders until prompted.

I hope it learnt, but doubt it. I did ask a couple of boring technical questions which it gave a vague and not very accurate answer to and could not cite a source.

Anyway, anyone else tried having fun with it?