Adjustable tweeters

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobsYourUncle

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
I have an old pair of AIWA SC51 speakers from long ago.
I had purchased these with a different woofer as when looking these up, it appears that these suffered from surround rot. These have adjustable tweeters, which in my mind one can adjust the tweeter to match what ever woofer you put in there. I what I have done is fitted a 6.5 inch in ceiling speaker which I have removed the tweeter from and used the dusty caps from stuffed drivers to cover the exposed voice coil.

I have done all of this and haven't really taken anything else into account besides the fact that they now sound better than they did when the other cheapy electronic shop drivers were in them. Could this damage the crossover? I'm not entirely sure what the consequences of using a driver on a crossover it wasn't intended for nor am I sure if it actually matters on a speaker from the 70's as much as it would on a more modern speaker. If there is no reason why I cant from hurting the crossover pint of view then I think, by luck I've found a driver that works well.

I quite like the look of these , they are simple looking ( pic from the web)
images