wireless headphones, advice?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gyrovague

Reaction score
I'm looking for some wireless headphones (to use with my Denon AVR-1803). They don't have to be audiophile quality at all, but must at least not be crappy. (e.g. I have some tektronic IR headphones, they are very noticeably noisy)... Also, they must be RF, not IR. These will be used rarely, basically for late night TV watching without waking everybody else.

I see Sennheiser HDR120 (?) goes for around R1200 or so, which is quite a bit more than I had thought to spend. Their reviews and specs sound awesome though.

AKG K912 seems to be about R900. I've personally never heard of AKG, but it seems to get good reviews on the net and sounds like a well-established brand.
(weirdly, makro web site claims to have these for R299, but I'm sure it must be some mistake... all the other places have them for R800+, and even overseas sites have them for more like US$60. http://www.makro.co.za/p/48629/akg-wireless-headphone/ )

What other makes are there that are "fairly good" but not too expensive? Say something around R500 ?

Latest posts