Whose problem would you say it is?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisc

AVForums Grandmaster
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
Went to Built-It in Wynberg to buy 40 litres of paint.  Took along their Dulux colour colour sample card which the customer had chosen as her interior colour choice.  On the sample card is the code number relative to this tint, which I presume the person mixing the paint uses when adding colours to the paint.  The same number was printed on a sticker and applied to the tops of each 20 litre tin.

When the paint was applied (3 coats) it showed a distinct pink tinge, but when mentioning it to them the first time, Built-It assured me that when covering a previously beige wall, 2 or 3 coats would be necessary to bring out the true colour

The customer is not happy with the colour.  Comparing the sample card with what is on the wall, it is quite different, whether it is a wall facing the window or one more in the shade.

I applied some of this paint to a white sheet and took it along to Build-It.  Despite the obvious difference between the card sample and what comes out the tin, which can be seen at a glance, they maintain that their colour matching computer is spot on and they could not have made a mistake.  I get several excuses:  I should have checked the paint; they cannot alter the colour when it has been mixed (I know that is obvious); I was comparing the colour under flourescent light in their shop (what has that to do with it?).  They will not visit the site to see the overall effect

The customer now insists that the whole interior repainted the colour she originally chose.  Apart from the paint, which cost R 1800,00 the painter and his assistant were busy 10 days at R 600,00 a day

Big pain in the backside

Latest posts