which subwoofer to get?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frag

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, im having some trouble choosing between two subs and i hope, with your help, i can finally make a decision.

As i have said before in some threads here, my budget has changed drastically for span of a year and in that year i have thought up a number of configurations. Most of which led to the change in my budget.

I have checked out a number of subs and have decided on two velodyne subs. One is the eq-max 12 amd the other is the spl1200. Im not sure what the spl has over the eq to be priced more than double. I will be using the sub mostly for movies. I know the spl will go lower, but im not sure if its worth it. I've read abour ulf and im interested to know how these do on that front.

Im hoping someone that has experience with both subs can help. I have checked out reviews but still need some clarity. I'm planning on buying 2nd on the forum, i missed the one that was put up in october :(. I was hoping to demo the sub at kloppers, but unfortunately they no longer sell velodyne.

I am sorry for the long post :D

Latest posts