What does a good DAC look like

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimbaLand

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am using a Musical Fidelity for the time being with an intention to get a more ?potent? DAC to match the rest of my setup. I don?t have much knowledge of this subject and I have been doing some reading to familiarise myself with the technology.

I see most of the newer DACs do more than DAC duties. They have headphone amps, preamp section, etc. I have seen a lot of such DACs with very good reviews.  I believe that a very diversified product such as a dac with preamps, etc takes away from investing on the real business of that product in this case being a dac.

In my case I have a streamer, a preamp and I?m just looking for a very capable dac. By this I mean a dac which is designed with the focus on it being a dac that?s very good at being a dac instead of being a hifi Swiss Army knife. My question is if I?m looking for good to a very good USB dac what should I look for and what brands do you recommend

Latest posts