Valve Audio Predator + iFi Zen One Signature + Bentley FS150

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WAP

AVForums Member
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
So as i am waiting to receive my Predator from Oom Schalk the tension builds.
I can't wait to hear the difference between the Predator and the Exclame 150 that i am currently running.

This got me thinking. The Predator has XLR inputs. And my iFi Zen One Signature DAC has a 4.4 Pentaconn balanced output.
Currently, i am streaming Youtube Music through my tv with the optical out into my Zen One. And then from there, i am using the RCA cables that came with the DAC to the Exclame input.

Should i keep using the RCA cables now with the Predator at first, to hear the upgrade? Or should i buy the XLR cable and use the balanced inputs from the start?
I am thinking to keep everything as it is and just replacing the Exclame to hear the difference and only then, later on, get the cable.

I know YT Music does not stream the best quality my DAC can process, where and how should i upgrade here? I am also aware that even if i get a Tidal Sub or similar the bottleneck will be the optical coming from the TV. I might be wrong but that's how i understand it. Should i rather use the BT on the Dac? I don't know.

I would like to get the best experience my kit can give me. This has cost me a ton of cash up till now. And i think i am done after this upgrade.

What says you?

Latest posts