Unscheduled Power Outages

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1995

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
I've been experiencing intermittent power outages at different parts of the day that do not coincide with our load-shedding schedule. I notice this through the subtle flicker of the lights and I can confirm it through the online portal and the inverter which will have the "Mains On" light off. The power eventually does come back on without the need for any intervention. I've raised a ticket with City Power and after 2 visits from their technicians, they could not find any problems.

I consulted today with the guy that did my solar installation - Victron, Pylontech, and JA Solar. He says it could be a power quality issue i.e. the inverter will not connect to the grid if it detects excessive over or under voltage. I am inclined to agree with him based on something I've observed i.e. the Carlo Gavazzi unit in the DB still remains lit up/blinking whereas when there is load shedding proper, it does not light up.

Has anyone else experienced circumstances like this?

Latest posts