Tidal Masters

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garnett.wilson

AVForums Member
Reaction score
I left Apple Music and upgraded to Tidal Masters as recommended on this forum but now I read that my Marantz AVR 7013 using HEOS does not support MQA Technology .

See discussion on Sound @ Vision " Your Denon AVR-X4300H is capable of directly streaming Tidal and Amazon Music HD via the Denon HEOS app. In the case of Tidal, you won?t be able to listen to tracks in high-res since it requires a digital-to-analog converter (DAC) compatible with MQA ? a proprietary technology used by Tidal that ?packs? high-resolution audio files into a standard PCM container for streaming and then ?unpacks? them during decoding ? and that?s a feature Denon's receiver doesn?t provide. But as long as the AVR-X4300H?s firmware has been updated ? something that should occur automatically when your Denon receiver is connected to the internet ? the good news is that you will be able to stream high-res audio from Amazon Music HD. Any advice ?

Latest posts