Surfans F20 DAP impressions

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charl82

Reaction score
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Surfans-F20-Bluetooth-Lossless-Resolution-grayish-black-32GB/dp/B07VWK4FP3

Grabbed one of these on Amazon because I really liked the idea of just having a dedicated device for high res audio that I can listen to via my Amp and also portable with headphones. Also really loved it not being android based but rather just a simple UI that will keep doing what it is meant to be doing for a good amount of time.

Operates like an MP3 player, where I just plug in the MicroSD card it and copy music I bought from either HD Tracks of Bandcamp onto the device, then just run it into my amp via RCA, the F20 has both a headphone and line out, and then just enjoy HD goodness.

Did some basic comparisons between Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal, MP3, Ogg, and FLAC and the differences are very noticeable. The amount of detail in the lossless FLAC files is incredible, especially on some of the really special 24bit files also, but they are few and far between. I need to find an album I want to want in DSD format still and see how it compares. But right now I am REALLY loving the high def audio experience.