Things I don´t understand

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ingvar Ahlberg

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Growing older, day by day (not very uncommon I´m told) probably forgotten most of the things I never understood, some thou seems not to go away.

I will never understand people who think their opinion is fact, nor those who refuse to accept other opinions than their own.

The never ending cable discussion for instance, I´m not a believer in esoteric very expensive cables but on the other hand know that untinned copper spear cables last about 6 months in our climate, just as I know that using wall mart lighting wire to Your 868 MHz antenna will work just as bad as an RG58 cable betweeen Your Les Paul and the AC30.

When a forum friend, with tips from the net but actually older than the dead sea rolls, shifts the position of his speakers and finds a spot that, to his ears/mind/opinion sounds best why anyone would contest that and tell him that it should be measured to verify that he is right that is so utterly stupid that it defies description.

I think Bob Seeger & The Silver Bullet Band "Live Bullet" from 1976 is one of the best records ever, how do I verify this scientifically?

There is no difference between amplifiers, or perhaps amplifiers have no sound affecting properties, well then You never heard an Electro Research A-75.

Perhaps just growing too old, and Swedish, weré known to be stupid, but I would think that accepting other peoples wievs/opinions, even if they differ from Your own, would be something grown ups could cope with.

Ingvar