Subwoofer advice

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hendrikvr

AVForums Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
Currently using a KEF PSW-2500 ... probably not really regarded as a very good sub.  I'm actually quite happy with the performance, but my next upgrade should probably be in this department.  Should I maybe just add another PSW-2500?

I'm not after shaking the whole neighborhood during an action movie.  Good, clean low bass for classical music is of much higher importance.  I'm guessing a sealed unit would be better than a ported box?

Room is 5 meters long and 4 meters wide, ceiling about 3 meters. ... Future room may be bigger, so I'd like to get something that would be suitable for minimum room size equal to the mentioned room.

What would you recommend?  Velodyne, SVS ...

.... or should I DIY?  All furniture in the room was made by my brother ... solid American Cherry with granite tops (view in Members' Kit pics thread, page 33) , so I would obviously go that route for the box ...
If I go the DIY route, I would not mind spending a bit on a good driver and plate amp ... recommendations? ... where to buy?

Latest posts