Room upgrade

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimbaLand

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have a dedicated room which is work in progress. I have a few things that are outstanding and Nkt much has been done in the last year. Things that want to work on from June include the following:
1. Dress the acoustic panels in cloth
2. Paint the walls and ceiling in a dark colour. I think dark grey will be appropriate
3. Install projector screen. I have been projecting on the wall
4. So bass traps in the front corners (side corners and ceiling)

My front stage currently looks like this
ef4f4132913d5d0a625fdb569fc3a8f5.jpg

For the screen and bass trapping I am going to build a false behind the speakers. Behind the false wall I will be able to hide the bass traps and electronics. Only the speakers will be in front of the false wall. The screen will be build from white projector screen material. I could go for grey but I no ambient light at all because the room has no windows. The screen material has been ordered and the screen will be DIY.Below is the schematics of the front wall and the screen build

b02ac24cc81767c49f96d43440db6ef1.jpg

635aa6214b46cbbcfff43cb4ec4b8363.jpg

edc33da7184fe8f8fda0c7267381be4e.jpg

The areas around the screen (above, sides and below) will e covered with black clothed frames that will fit in those areas. This will be done similarly to how speaker grilles fit on a speaker but the side and top will be fixed with screws or nails onto the false wall and the bottom will be fitted such that it can be opened to reach to the hidden electronics. Bass trapping will be on the sides behind the false wall.

I welcome ideas on how to make this work and also Ideas on bass trapping. Currently I?m using those cylindrical ones as seen on picture above but I want to invest in proper ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts