Review Corner 🛋️

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phase

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
On my many house calls - visits to you guys, today was Sean's turn again. The last time Stuart and myself  visited I thought that Sean took a step backwards with the A7's. Sean closed the MASSIVE front port of the A7's and replaced it with a passive radiator. The A7's in my books lost it's midrange air, that's something that they're pretty much famous for. The design is quite simple if you look down the front wave guide of the A7's you will see that a good part of the drivers are covered by the "horn". This covering loads the driver that the back and front results in a "state of equilibrium". That's why even at high volumes you can touch the A7's driver and it's hardly moving, effectively decoupled. This gives these BIG guys that air and midrange immediatesy. Also gone are the Beyma's now replaced by the Alnico Tesla's. Michon and myself measured the Tesla's cones at 44 grams. Good luck finding a sub to keep up with Tesla's in A7's! I found the bass unit's today just one touch behind. Sean did say his horn sub is better.

I'm glad to report that the magic is back and today I heard the best sound that's ever come out of Sean's lounge, that I've heard anyway and I've heard alot through that lounge...

Well done Bud! It's sounding sublime.

System
Aurrender Streamer
MSB DAC
Pass Labs F6 (Dewald)
Preamplifier (Dewald)
Cables (not going there)

Latest posts