Revelation?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ingvar Ahlberg

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
So I have spent a considerable amount of money and time on gear gear this year, partly in the cartridge department as discussed in the "cartridge thoughts" thread and also on a 42 year old amplifier as discussed in the "Vintage gems, extreme value for money." thread.

After that amp entered the music room I have spent a lot of time listening, it sounds unlike any other amp I ever heard, especially in the low end, very important to me and the best bass power/definition in my memory in a domestic listening situation.

Then the other day, this Saturday to be precise, I put on Tracy Chapman, first record, no other title (for the moment using the JVC MC-1) and suddenly realized that I had spent a couple of worthless months listening to equipment instead of music, and the joy of music was suddenly back, just because a record by an 18 year old girl that is so good that it makes the replay gear totally uninteresting, inconsequential, the music lives on it´s own power.

Played a lot of records since Saturday, still do, presently John Prine Bruised Orange, and it is as fun as it should be, don´t care about the gear for now, the JVC MC-1 still in use, it can sit there until worn out.

On my way back to buying records again instead of equipment, starting tomorrow.

Ingvar

Latest posts