>REARVIEW

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phase

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Looking back at the forum, we've lost so many BIG hitters, the larger than life guys, the sometimes controversial, OK mostly controversial! These halls used to be alive and edgy! Now if you even cough you're categorised (vaxxers-anti), posts are deleted and even whole threads taken down! Try put in a sh]t word and it's gone. The place has become a bit like a bad class D amplifier, STERILE! We need the PASSION back guys! F, it now takes me about 7 minutes a day and I'm done reading the forum. The sales thread keeps me going. We have more members now than ever before yet there is less engaging content!

Who is left? I know we've lost so many (RIP)! To give you one example, Rodney Gold put an axe in my forehead when I first joined! Others left our shores, Evan, Ken, Mervin, Francois now Rudi just to mention a few! But what about the Kent Kessler's (see Andre is making an appearance) miss his humour! Alternativeroute (Jacques) OK there are way too many to mention! Then I realise that there were disagreements like with JimGore, but what about our active members? I remember when MarkC first joined, here comes a guy that buys up every single high-end piece of kit, boom buys four or five high-end CD players runs them up against each other, keeps the two best and flogs the rest. Moves onto amplifiers, preamplifiers etc and does the same (followed Mark's journey ever since). Currently runs 4 top TOP systems. Then same as Sean, the guy has had and has seriously kit, prolific DIYer. Let's get these guys to post real reviews of their journey, what their goals are etc... That sh/t fascinates me. Like Gerry's Travels... Hardcore unbiased views! Also [member=14237]reeman[/member], Riaan started off as a bass sort of head AV guy, now is through and through a stereo man with one of the top systems in the country.  These guys are streetwise with a wealth of knowledge! Like before I buy something, I either phone Sean, Mark, Stuart, Eddie, Francois or the likes.

Come on guys let's share, I will even gooi up a heading, Gerry can claim it.

Latest posts