Processor + sub out

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boss187

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm currently building a hi-fi system, just recently made a start by purchasing a classic A-400. Using my PC as source via optical to a Fiio DAC, im quite pleased with the sounds I hear at the moment. Next will be a better pair of bookshelves and etc. I'm following the advice I've read in countless threads and will be buying proper stuff the first time.

I'd like some advice as to how I would be able to add a subwoofer and sound processor into the mix. Ideally I want to get a pair of bookshelf speakers that go low enough that I dont need a sub but the option to have it would be nice. I'm aware that a quick fix solution would be a Y splitter to an active subwoofer but that wont do it for me. I've concluded that I need a DSP with a sub out function but correct me if I'm wrong.

Coming from a car audio background I know that this would be possible with something like a Audison Bit One. Is there anything similar and recommended that is aimed for home Hi-fi use?

Latest posts