Please help with My Setup

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacques13

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hi all.

I have been out of the Country for almost 1 year and should be home soon. Now I need to know if I can connect all my gear and listen to music immediately or should I power it all up and leave it on for a couple of hours before listening to music. The Gear has been in storage and was not in use for 11 Months. My Gear in any case :whistler: I just recently bought some other Gear.

I also need your advice in connecting it all up ( Whats the best way)?? I am planning and please don't laugh. I have never been a fan of surround sound, I use the Gear for 100 percent music listening. I only want and like stereo. I want to use my Sony TA DA 9000 ES (7 X 200) as an Pre amp, but at the same time, want to use it to power the High Frequencies on my 4 X Polk RTIA 9's and use my P.S Audio (5 X 300) to run the low frequencies.  I am planning to get rid of my 2 DIY sub woofers and Yamaha P5000 power amp, they will go in to storage or will be given to my brother.

What I want to know is, how do I connect my P.S Audio Power amp to the Sony TA DA 9000 ES? Do I use the 7.1 Pre out on the Sony or is there a 5.1 Pre out? Will I be using the Stereo Direct to get stereo? Where do I connect the speaker cable on the Sony? Speaker A + B or speaker A + Surround Rear A???

The setup will look something like this

Sony SCD 555 ES
fdk2gz6wcl403fap17vq.jpg

i57iyi9x608mq9x581ap.jpg

Sony TA DA 9000 ES
0vrsndmnl9j1hgkk7hwi.jpg

8fe9nbu2v504heq0phos.jpg

Into the P.S Audio

0ek2nm1rev3s2nxsstzu.jpg

y7qe919xvc3nsa5rl4hl.jpg

Quote:
Driving all Five channels into 8Ω, the PS Audio delivered 350Wpc at 20Hz and 1kHz before clipping (1% THD+noise). Into 4Ω, all Five channels driven, the amp clipped at 629Wpc at 20Hz and 660Wpc at 1kHz. The amplifier went into protection at 4Ω and shut down at this maximum power, but not before we were able to obtain a reading. After we reset the power switch, the amp resumed normal operation.?TJN

Your help in this matter will be much appreciated, Thanks

Latest posts