Please help - HDD Cloning

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

santoshlv426

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I've wasted the better part of a week on the net trying to find out how this is done. Gotten no-where, so once again, I'm turning to AV Forums. (You guys helped solved my last PC issue).

Anyway, I have a 250 GB main HDD which I want to clone to a backup 2 TB Seagate. I have a copy of Seagates Discwizard, but it doesnt "see" the Seagate drive as a Desitnation drive (greyed out so I can't select).
Also got a copy of Clonezilla - but that seems to be a LInux version, so scrap that. I need Windows based.
Got a trial version of Disc-clone, but that seems to work, but says that all the exisiting data on the seagate will be erased, so I didn't go there.

Questions.

1. Can I partitiion the Seagate into say 300GB and only use that part as a desintation drive ? I don't want to erase the exisitng data and it's a big drive which I want to use for other things.
2. If so, how do I do this ? What program can I use and can I use this "section" for the cloning ?
3. What coning program will you guys recommend.

Thanks all
Santosh

Latest posts