New TV options.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NS406

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Good day people.

So the time has come to buy a second TV screen since the dear little ones in our household have taken posession of my home cinema to watch Barbie and Barney (in surround sound!) ;)

Plan to move current 46" Samsung 5series LED to another room and upgrade the home cinema to perhaps 55". I'm very happy with the Samsung's picture.

My questions would be:
1.  I have some backlight reflections in cinema room. Would a curved display help in this regard?

2. Which Samsung would you guys recommend for say R12-R15 k? (samsung appears most abundent at local retailers)

3. Best way getting DSTV to another room?  Pulling wires is not an option in my house because of complex roof/ceiling structure. Has anybody tried those Ellies boxes that works through the powerlines? They are a little bit too expensive to buy simply to experiment, but if it works well I might consider it.

Thanks in advance...
(Ps I do have an old HD PVR around, would a second dish work better than trying to combine one explora with 2x tv's??)

Latest posts