New car buying advice needed.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumb and Dumber

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
I know, when I ask anything about a car its like click bait :giggle:
But here goes.
It is always said to buy with a baloon payment is silly. The cars I can afford to buy new without a baloon payment is too small to fit a coolbag and passengers must stay at home as the extra weight will kill the small engines. So to buy new must be with a baloon payment. Otherwise I must stick with secondhand cars.
Hyundai have a R50K cash back offer on their Tucson, this is with a baloon payment of course. Now my mind is working overtime. I will listen to advice and will not follow my own mind and heart.
Currently my 8 year old car, together with my credit card payment is over R1000.00 per month more than this new cars installment since the cash back offer will enable me to use a scissor on my credit card.
So yes, I will be a bit better off financially wise, but I will pay for many years. Since I am totally willing to drive this car more than 10 years at least, will I make a mistake?
I still owe 36 months on my current car.
My current car is trouble free, but will it be for the next 15 years. I think this Tucson will be.

Latest posts