FNB sheer incompetency - fraud case - cleaned bank accounts

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 15496

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
On the 5th of November I noticed charges going of my creditcard for toll gates and reported this to the fraud department. They were going of since the 31st of October at that time around r3500 was taken.

At this point that credit-card was maxed out and the charges going over the agreed limit with them.

I thought I was done but a few days later new charges went off taking the cards debt further and further over its maximum.

I then noticed the same charges on my cheque account. After numerous phonecards and unanswered emails we are now on the 17th of October.

Both my creditcard and cheque accounts are not only cleared out but still going further and further into negative balance with zero communication from FNB regarding the matter or an expected apology. The charges are currently almost 15k.

During one of the conversations I learned they used previously lost cards, that were reported lost and blocked to make these ongoing charges. They told me there is a difference between a blocked or lost card and a hotlisted card which is more expensive to do.

Today I had to instruct them to completely freeze my accounts. Not that they had this idea perhaps from their side.

Needless to say I'm completely out of funds with payday a week away, I had to make arrangements to open a new bank account with another bank and inform my work to transfer those funds to there. All my debit orders will have to be moved as well.

I can't believe the lack of action and customer service on FNBs behalf after cases were reported, which I had to do separately for my cheque and credit-card being send from pillar to post.

I just needed to vent this and hope someone high in FNB reads this and learns that their customer service and fraud reporting facilities are in an appalling state of sheer incompetence. Needless to say they have lost me as a customer.

If anyone is remotely interested to buy any of the items in the classifieds I have for sale, it would help, as I currently have no idea how I'm even going to survive till payday next week.

Latest posts