My Yamaha MX-A5000 Just stopped working help needed

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orsum

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

The right front channel has blown on my MX-A5000. There is a lot of crackling and electrical noise coming from the right speaker. The amp powers down after 15 to 30 seconds.

As a quick test I took the balance right channel from the processor and connected it to a mono block which I connected the right speaker to. Basically I was checking the pre out of the processor was not the issue and it worked fine. All the other 10 channels on the MX-A5000 work 100%.

I live about 80km north of Durban. I am looking for the right company to take the amp to for repair. I have a person in Durban who is very good with these sort of repairs but he is not a Yamaha agent as an alternative to him is there a well-known and trusted Yamaha service team that are capable of undertaking such a repair. I can send the amp anywhere in the country.

I could have a go at it myself but I would prefer a much more knowledgeable person to do it.

Also does anybody have a service manual with circuit diagrams with test and calibration values etc?

Looks like it?s going to be a quiet Christmas.

:( :( :( :(

orsum