My Pride & Joy stolen on Saturday.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernard

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
My mobile was stolen on Saturday. I had been gluing the tiles for the speaker plinths and placed one under the  speaker. Sat down with the Galaxy S2, plugged in the charge cable and fired up some music. Got up and went to the bedroom (4 meters away ) to get a book and when I got back the phone was gone. My son was behind the 1.5m high partition with headphones on and my wife was behind the other kitchen open plan partition. Her view to the front door was obscured by the CD rack. She had seen two guys standing in the road and duh  :headbanger: not too bright. We're talking a couple of minutes. I ran down the road and started questioning folk and found two girls who had seen two guys running down the road away from our house. They knew the one. I  managed to talk them into getting into the car with me and going to the police. We took the cops to the front door of his house. He's 27 and his mother said he wasn't there. The cops went back a couple of times during the night and eventually phoned me at 11 to say he was going off duty but he hadn't been able to make any progress. He also suggested we blacklist it now as the chances of getting it back are almost nil ... based on his experience. I'll give him credit, he went out of his way to help us.

The cops are so hamstrung. My son was robbed of his mobile while waiting to be picked up after school last month. At knife point .... he's 15. By using Latitude and Google Earth I tracked the phone to a house in the township just outside George. Put him in the car and drove there. Found the house and took down the number and went to the police. I gave them everything, Google photos, IMEI number, phone details, times of last contact etc and the frikken address. No progress to date  :mad:

Looks like we have to start our own "follow up practice" from now on. If we screw up and attend to the wrong individual we'll be protected by the law. I now have a can of Mace with Velcro on the side of the door frame. Have a sign made about No Trespassers .... I will now Mace anyone I don't like in front of my door.

King_Julian .... that was the phone I bought from you ... sorry man. I really loved that little unit  ;)