Sting like a mutha.... bee!

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nadfan

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Evening all, howsit. Anyone else attended the Sting concert at Grand arena.last night?

What can I say? Wow absolutely fantastic performance by Sting & band! Sting is the complete musical genius. He can swing & funk one moment and almost instantly rock hard the next . So suave !

The performance was simply stunning and utterly indulgent.

Interestingly enough he had quite a youthful accompaniment (compared to himself & Dominic) I was hoping he had Vinnie on drums again but had what almost looked like a laaitie behind the drums, Zach. But oh my word, what a dynamo of a drummer! He even played what sounded like a moerse goema groove/ klopse shuffle at some stage that had the Kapies absolutely MAL!

Dominic Millar went from some gentle acoustic passages to absolute electric demon on others. Guys I still get goosebumps now while I look at the video clips made. Not sure if I'm allowed to paste those video clips on the forum though?

Anyhow if you're a Sting fan and are still going to one of the shows you're in for a royal treat - I don't want to spoil it for you. I missed out 11 years ago when he was here and he had a rather unconventional band set up at that tour that must have been something special in itself. Anyone have recollections to share of that concert?

PS. Sting's son Joe opened the concert. Wasn't even aware of the fellow and so many similarities with his old man.

Alright let me stop raving now. Take care and stay cool .

Ciao