I was scammed

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimbaLand

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
last week I advertised a place for rental on Private Property. The next day I got a call from a guy selling a service where they put the same advert on other publications at a fee of R495. I remembered that the same guy called me last year about the same thing for another property that I advertised but I didn’t take him on the offer of the service he was selling. i Gave him my email address and he mailed an invoice and a brief description of what they do. I paid via eft. He said I’ll receive an email of the activation of the service later but it didn’t come through. I called him and he didn’t take the calls anymore and his WhatsApp pic profile was not there anymore.

i never saw myself as ever getting scammed but my guards was down in this one because the amount was low and the gent (crook) had tried to sell me the same service about a year ago. I think this is bread and butter. He flies under the radar because the amount involved is very low and most people would be lazy To follow up on this after realising that it’s a scam. I was also lazy to pursue it but my other side was like we have enough crooks in this country and the sooner we tackle them the better. Going after it is for principles sake than trying to recover the money. I called the bank and they said I need to open a case at the police station for them to investigate him. I am just sharing for awareness for those of you that ever advertise on private property. .