Listenning session with Audio Note

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moog

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to Kemosabe to pick up a few goodies that he was selling. He was kind enough to invite me for a listening session that he had arranged for his colleague. After listening to the Sarah K album on the Stochfish pressing, I was so impressed with the results and asked him where I might get my own copy and he referred me to Ricketysmurf. I then called Mr Ricketysurf , who confirmed the product was in stock. We arranged for me to go and pick it up and off I went. On arrival I was amazed to see two all- Audio Note system. The main one consists of two Audio Note 300 B tube monobloc power amps, an Audio Note  tube preamp, an Audio Note turntable with Audio Note cartridge and Audio Note step up transformer, a Audio Note DAC, and Audio Note CD transport and Audio Note speakers. He played among others, the 45 RPM two-sided pressing of Louis Armstrong St. James Infirmary and I Ain't Got Nobody. The music got me transfixed! I also learned through our discussions that Ricketysmurf is also the local agent of Audio Note. I could also see all components had been voiced to play with synergy. I left his place wishing that if I had the means I should buy the whole system as it was. Thanks Andy for an amazing experience.

Latest posts