Is Telkom improving their service?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meister

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I wanted to share my experience with residential land line service for ADSL by Telkom, which I must say was PRETTY IMPRESSIVE despite all the reviews I read before contacting Telkom.

I recently moved to a new complex in Strubensvally, Roodeoort and on the 12th of May 2016 ordered (via telephone) a 10mb line to be installed in my unit. The next day received an sms saying that the installation is scheduled for the 18th of May from 07:30 to 16:00.

So yesterday the guy called me in the morning around 9:15 to confirm if I was home and then showed up in 10min. I asked him why was he so quick and he said it really depends which area you in. The technicians dispatched around here are quick to respond to anything.

Did the install in 45min and the line was ready. I then called Telkom to activate the line this morning at 8:30 as I had to go to the office yesterday afternoon. I wasn't on hold for more than 5 seconds. The consultant activated the line within 2min and I immediately received an sms with my username and password. That was it!!!!

I configured my router and voila! Next 30 min a consultant calls me to ask is the connection working and everything is fine. Well I said let me wait till off-peak time and you can call me back tomorrow  :giggle:

I think the service was pretty good. I'm not sure if there has been drastic changes in senior management to improve service delivery on their side.

Your experiences and opinions would be appreciated. For those who would like to vent out, please go ahead...