Introduction

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

68barracuda

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
name is Fanie Gerber , live past the eastern side of Pretoria in other words kids pronounce an a like an a and not an O ;D
Owned Nad kit since 87 3130 amp, 6155 Tapedeck, Musical Fidelity CD1, NAD 5020 turntable, TDL 202's

Along the road I was given a 3140 and a Thorens TD125

A couple of years ago my dad passed away and I inherited his system

Dynaco ST120 poweramp
Dynaco PAT-4 preamp
Dynaco FM5 Tuner
Dynaco Quadaptor
NAD 6155 Tapedeck
Thorens TD 125 mkII with Ortofon RS212 and MC20 MC cartridge
Front speakers 2 X Lowther TP1's
Rear speakers 2 x Lowther Acousta

SO on to 2012
I unboxed my kit after years - dadstuff sans acoustas and Thorens still in my moms house

My 3130 plus TDL202's is being used for our home theater - HIFI MUCH nicer than surround IMO - just wish I could track down a matching set 303's, the 5020 is also hooked in here.....and.....video audio from a mediator 450 x2

The 3140 is being serviced, repaired and upgraded by a NAD technician in menlyn and  based on this I will or will not hand him my 3130 for same - a cousin of mine threw the 3140 out and I caught it. This is costing R1000 not bad i think

Dads kit - I am saving up for the service upgrade scheme from Lowther - the folded horn design lacks bass - and they have improved this to an amazing level - Albert Myburg tried to sell my dad a sub to boost the bass - nearly had the said sub shoved in his ear - my father and him passed away within 6 months of each other - both my father and Ibought our kit from him. The Acousta and TP1 cabinets are going in to Wildervanck Furniture to be re veneered, and I am in contact with Dynacodoctoer for service upgrade kits for the Dynaco kit.

The Idea is to move the older HIFI kit after restoration into my workroom - keep them out of harms way, the NAD kit will give sterling service in the family room.

The Nad tech happens to be a Thorens tech - want the TD125 Serviced as well.

I love the flexibility I have to switch between steaming movies with great sound, to listening to mp3's, to listening to CD's, and then put some vivaldi, or elo on the 5020 just for fun

The extra td125? and the two NAD 6155s - they are twiddling their thumbs,

Oh yes - i am also deeply involved in restoring old Chrysler Valiants ;D