In-Ceiling Speakers - Entry Level vs. High End

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfandy

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I understand that in-ceiling speakers have been previously discussed here in depth, but I have a question for which I cannot find anything in the forum yet: How significant is the difference between entry-level and high-end in-ceiling speakers?

Currently I am using a pair of Monitor Audio CT180 driven by a Sonos Connect Amp as surrounds and listening to background music in my 30m2 bedroom and a Sonos Play 1 in my 10m2 bathroom. I am now contemplating replacing the Play 1 with a pair of in-ceilings driven by a Rotel RB-1050 and a Sonos Connect.

The question is do I also use a pair of MA CT165 or CT180 in the bathroom, or do I upgrade the bedroom speakers to CT280-IDC and move the current speakers to the bathroom? How much difference can I expect between the CT180 and CT280-IDC? Will I even notice a difference when listening to music or watching movies? I am happy with the CT180 - their performance is ok for in-ceiling speakers. But I have also never had the opportunity to listen to higher-end in-ceiling speakers - so I do not know what the potential of in-ceilings is...

Looking forward to your comments

Cheers, RulingTex

Latest posts