How to insure "used" audio items?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cam083gp

AVForums Member
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All,

What is the best method to insure your audio gear that was purchased second hand? For items that are new, you have a receipt to claim against but when buying from individuals, there is usually no exchange of receipts.

I have a combination of gear purchased new & second hand with a msrp in excess of R50k. Some items were purchased locally & some were imported. Some items are still available to be purchased brand new & some are discontinued.

Do I need to specify these items on my household contents cover or will they automatically be covered in the event of a claim?

I've been burnt in the past with a household contents cover claim where certain items more than a specific value needed to be specified & some required receipts but even with receipts, the current replacement was less etc...

None of these requirements were specified upfront so I would like to hear about some positive experiences regarding successful claims?

Thanks

Latest posts