Home Theatre Room Revamp

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SandManZA

AVForums Member
Reaction score
So after a long time, I am revamping my home theatre room. Invested in a  new Sony VPL-HW30ES (Full HD 3D) projector and an Elite electric 125 inch Acoustic Transparent (AT) screen (thanks to RPM-Machine) which forced the revamp.

The picture is brilliant and the 3D has by kids grabbing the air like in the movies. The screen is enormous and feels awesome - see pics below. So with all the basics in the form of equipment out the  way, the challenge is to make the room a bit more presentable. To this effect, I have the following planned:
1) Build a ceiling bulkhead to conceal the cables from front of room to projector - not started yet
2) Have a cabinet custom built to house all the goodies - see thread http://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,23632.0.html
3) Move screen slightly forward (currently flush with wall) to accommodate centre speaker behind screen to make use of AT capability
4) Add dimmers to downlighters for ambient light - currently all lights off when projector in use
5) Realign projector

Will keep this thread updated with progress. Any suggestions would be welcome.

IMG_5084_1024x765_zps65e25626.jpg

IMG_5083_1024x765_zps60b82c19.jpg

IMG_5082_1024x765_zpsadecb844.jpg

Latest posts