High end exposure insight into your own system

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zuidersma

AVForums Member
Reaction score
I have been listening to music the last while and thinking about my hi-fi system and how past experiences have changed my outlook.

I have had the opportunity to visit Achim at 13hof, and have listened to some various other system at friends etc.

On one side it can make your system sound mediocre, but I have also experienced that it allows you to appreciate music through your own system more. Since you have greater vision and insight into what is possible, coming from listening to higher end or different systems. It is as if your brain extrapolates what your hear from your system and fills in the gaps from what you have now experienced possible. Imagination.

I have also had this effect when spending a lot of time with my system, and then going to something even more basic like a laptop or bluetooth speaker.

I would definitely recommend being open to such experiences. Also thank you to the people doing effort to demonstrate equipment that not all can afford.