Help me marry my Main Speakers and AVR

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grumpy

AVForums Member
Reaction score
After 5 yrs of reliable service I upgraded and replaced my Yamaha RX-V530 with the Sony STR-DG910.  From the onset, what value for money the Sony is and I'm glad I made this choice.  Now I'd like to balance/fine tune my front and centre speakers to compliment the Sony - if necessary.

1.  What I have "heard" is that the Sony does not deliver plenty "current" which means I should be looking for speakers that are "easy to drive". And I'm also led to believe that my current mains, B&W305's, are easy driveable.

2.  In the forum I read earlier that it is recommended one has the same make and spec main and centre speakers - I never knew that and that most probably explains why I just cannot get the right "mix" between my B&W305 mains and Whafdale Valdus centre speaker.

I conclude then that all I need to do to "marry" my front speakers and Sony, is to replace the centre speaker with a B&W, but which one?  There is no way I'm paying R10 000 for a HTM.
I eagerly await your suggestions and comments.

Latest posts